Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Missionary Undoing - ⛪

Field Report...

Floyd Frock has spent decades in Africa, following behind missionaries as they go from village to village, quietly undoing their work.

"It really isn't that difficult to restore a tribe's original beliefs," said Frock, "I ask them to tell me about the white man's God. Then I ask, Kwa nini mungu kufanya hivyo? which means, Why would any respectable God do such awful things?"


Frock continued: "While the natives are scratching their heads, I hand a rattle to their former Shaman and he takes if from there. Somebody gets out a drum and everyone happily goes back to their traditional ways."


"But not so far back as cannibalism," cautioned Frock, "I tell them, if they must cook people, maybe just enjoy the broth." 

murkyvista.com